Saturday, May 9, 2009

Playdates


Okay, To everyone else a play date might be a very normal and an easy thing, but that is not how they are when you have 2 daughters with Autism. I have actually been on 2 play dates this week and if you knew me you would swear that I am lying. My girls are making so much progress. Luna plays really well "near" my friend Julies kid and my friend Maureens kids too. Sole just does her 3 year old Sole selfish thing. I want to be able to home school with out turning my kids into freaks. If it were up to me, I would just keep them away from other kids because it just seems so much easier that way. They are so innocent so they either get pushed around or they push some on down the slide because it was time for them to "GO"! I guess that is pretty normal. I think things are starting to change and I am stuck back in another time and place with them developmentally. The good news is, my kids are loving it and I am loving watching them play hard and have fun. I want to have this kind of stuff ironed out before ZenXiao gets here so we can go places and have a good time. I am thankful for the people I have around me, things feel good and right.

1 comment:

  1. Kelli,
    I am almost at a loss for words. Knowing you for as long as I have, and knowing how private of a person you are, I am thankful that you have let us in to your life. It is Mother's Day morning and if anyone on this earth deserves this day, it is you, my friend. I can't stop the tears from falling as I write this. You are a walking talking, angel of God and He had this all planned out for you. You are a beautiful person Kelli, inside and out. I feel blessed to be able to call you my friend and follow the road to Zen. Happy Mother's Day.
    Love,
    Jen Rhoades

    ReplyDelete