Tuesday, May 5, 2009
The Beginning
My name is Kelli and My husband is Manuel. He is from Chile in South America. We have 2 of the most beautiful daughters on earth, Luna 5 and Sole 3. They are both high functioning Autistics. This basically means NO SYMPATHY. They look perfect so why don't they behave perfectly? That is what everyone seems to wonder in stores, gymnastics class, story time at the library, birthday party's, airplanes, doctors appt.s, grocery stores, the bank, school ect. No matter what, the are the two most precious children on earth. We have done everything shy of Voodoo on Luna and she is well on her way to recovery. Yes, you can recover from autism. My daughters have environmental autism. I believe it began with their MMR shots and after many environmental hits, I began to lose my little angels. They were born so alert and happy. They met all their milestones on time and seemed to be fine. At two Luna's doctor said we should have her tested for autism. We were in shock and denial. The signs pointed to yes but we ignored everything they said. When Luna turned 3, I knew she was different. Luna was highly intelligent and could speak English and Spanish. They only problem was, she could not speak to me. She preferred to speak to Dora and Diego. She pretty much lived in their world, so I moved in with the three of them. Life with Luna, Dora and Diego was fine for a while but people started to question our living arrangements. Luna would recite complete episodes of Dora but could not tell me that she was cold, hungry, tired ect. Finally, we had to reach out for help. First thing we did was take her off of dairy. We were told that when the stomach was contaminated, so was the brain. I had Luna tested by Great Plains Lab. in New York. She tested positive for yeast fungus in her intestines. Her counts were so high, they said it more than likely began in the womb. Okay, Now it's my fault. I thought I did everything right during my pregnancy. I suffered from stomach issues my whole. I never knew it had to do with my intolerance for diary. Two months after I took her off diary I began my journey into the under world of Autism mothers. We are a breed of mothers that are determined to free our children from the prisons of Autism. My Luna is now 5 years old, she is talking and communicating and becoming a very typical child. I have opened the window of Autism and I am pulling her through. No thanks to my insurance company as they do not consider the therapies needed by a child with Autism to rank coverage. We are hoping for all this to change for the families that will follow us. I marched on Washington DC with Jenny McCarthy for the GREEN OUR VACCINES companion. I believe the knowledge I gained by researching the therapies and treatments available for children with Autism saved my daughter. If you knew Luna 2 years ago, you would understand. She is amazing and loving. She is not like every other kid but that is what makes her so deliciously Luna.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kelli,
ReplyDeleteI just read your blog, and I was moved to tears. Yes! The girls are beautiful. So is their mommy. Keep us posted on your road to Zen. We care. Krissy & Henry