Tuesday, May 19, 2009

70,000

Did you know that there are 70,ooo Chinese adoptees in the United States. Predominately in New York and California. If you were to go to Central Park in New York you would see many Chinese daughters playing together on any given day. the one thing that I was not aware of was the racism that comes with a Chinese adoption. Not only are the children faced with it by their peers but adults can be even more cruel by asking questions like "How much did you pay for her?" or "Did you get her in China?" What kind of question is that? I would just have to ask them "Where did you get your education?" but it is obvious that you do not have one. Anyway, Atleast I will be prepared for this just in case I am someday faced with it myself. I hope that day never comes. When I was a bartender, this guy asked me what nationality I was. I told him my mother is Portugese and Spanish. Later, I cut him off at the bar (he was a drunk) he called me a SPIC. I threw a drink on him. I felt really bad. I wasted a good shot of Stoli orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment