Almost a year ago, I started my own "business" The Gypsy World Market. I sell handmade skirts and handbags from India, Thailand and South America. I have some jewelry and a few other things but the main thing are the skirts. I really love having the open air markets, its just really hard finding a location to have them. A friend was kind enough to let me set up in front on their store in Fenwick Island today. It was such a beautiful day. I sold a good amount of skirts and really enjoyed the beautiful breeze coming off of the ocean. I hope to have a market in Berlin soon. I think my favorite place to set up my market is in Berlin, Maryland, but I enjoy it where ever I go. I missed the girls alot today. Of course it starts of great and I feel free and happy and then after a couple hours I start to get this aching in my heart. This beautiful little girl came up to the market and wanted a bracelet. She had black hair and looked very exotic. I asked her if she was Spanish and she told me she was Chinese. She was a Chinese American and belonged to a Chinese culture group in Philly. She sang a song to me in Chinese and I felt like she walked right into my body. She was 7 and soon she would travel to China for the first time. She was excited and could speak a little Chinese. Vanessa and I tried our Chinese out on her which consisted of NiHao and a couple other words. I was really happy to meet her. It was a great day!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment