Friday, June 12, 2009
Cell Phones and Teenagers
My niece is 13 years old. She got a refurbished phone for $170.00 off of Ebay. It was originally $499.00. WHAT THE HECK? What could a 13 year old child need to do with a cell phone that cost that much money? She told me that I should give my cell phone to a homeless person because it was so out of date. I got it about 5 months ago for $120.00. My nephew is 17, he gets a new cellphone every 3 weeks. Either because his has been confiscated by the principle of his school or it has some how become outdated in 3 weeks. Seriously, at 13 the only thing I was worried about was learning all the words to the songs on the Grease soundtrack, getting to the pool the second the gate opened and praying that I would soon wear a size 5 shoe so I could wear Dr. Scholls. At 13 I had never had a hair cut, I had never had a boyfriend and I dreamed of having a TELEPHONE in my room someday! I am so glad that I had an actual childhood. Tomorrow, I will share a picture of myself at 13 years old with you! Buenos Noches
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sad isn't it??? Being the ancestor of big foot, I was lucky enough to wear Dr. Scholls at an early age!!!
ReplyDelete