Friday, March 12, 2010

What is it about older women?

So, today we are at the Chik Fila and Sole had taken off her shoes to play in the play area. Suddenly, she mimes something that resembles that she has to pee. I grabbed her up and took her to the potty ASAP. You know how kids are, once they actually announce the have to pee, you have about a 30 second window. Once I got to the bathroom, every women that was eating at Chik Fila decided to pee at the same time. So there we are, in the waiting to pee line and this (older) women says "where are your shoes" to Sole. Being that Sole does not speak I answer "They are in the play area, it was an emergency pee and I just picked her up and brought her here to the bathroom without her shoes. Feeling like I needed to explain is what really bothered me, not the women. After Sole is done peeing (of course, the older women did not offer for us to go in front of her even though I explained the emergency thing) she didn't because she was too busy thinking about her next remark after we came out of the stall and were washing Soles hands. She said "maybe mommy can wash you feet too". First of all I hate when people talk about me as if I am not there, like I am some kind of invisible person. My mother does that to me everytime she gets a chance. She will tell someone something about me right in front of me. Take this weekend for instance, she told my sister that dieting wasn't going to help me, that I needed to do sit ups. Im sitting right there and she just had to throw that into the conversation. Do older women think that somewhere along the way they got a free pass to insult people. They even have slick little ways to slide insults in. My mom will go up to someone with a baby and ask the baby if she is cold because she isn't swaddled properly. Yeah, exactly, she will ask the two week old baby if she is cold and then go on with the rest of the insult. This is why I am on pins and needles when I take my mom to Walmart. She will find atleast one mother to insult while she is there. Im just happy that it is someone elses turn to be insulted.

No comments:

Post a Comment