Tuesday, March 2, 2010
FYI
I may have jumped the gun on the "Zen is working thru her issues thing". Yes, she is working thru her issues but she is also getting some "normal" kid issues to replace the other ones. I guess that I really do not know what it is like to parent a child that is "typical". I know this is hard to believe but I had to send her to her room today. Let's just say it was a "toothpaste" issue. I wasn't even sure if she would go there when I said it but she did, crying all the way. 3 minutes later she was back downstairs like nothing happened. It was ugly, we just swept that one under the rug. I was thinking tonight, that 6 months ago, I just wanted to hold my little angel but could not get a travel date to China. Now, she is here and I am sending her to her room. It must mean that we have settled in. I have never sent Luna or Sole to their room because that is like a "get out of jail free" card. They would gladly go jump on their beds for a while. It is very hard to punish a high functioning autistic child because they could careless. I felt like a real mom when I sent Zen to her room. Sorry if it seems unfair but I am trying my hardest to parent 3 children by different rules. I cant expect any of the girls to be able to follow the same set of rules. It is hard because it seems unfair and I feel like a horrible stepmother or something. They laugh at me when I try to discipline them so I have to use my EXORCIST voice. Whatever, I am trying. Atleast my head didnt spin around but the night is young.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment