Sunday, July 5, 2009
The Bible
Okay, as you know my daughter Sole cannot speak. A few words here and there will fall out and the number 2 is used in place of every number. Although she can count and knows her numbers, when she counts out loud it sounds like this, 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 . It keeps things very simple and she never messes up :) So anyway, Yesterday she is in Luna's bed in the afternoon playing and I asked her if she wanted to go down stairs. When I went to pick her up and walk out of the room she pointed to the bible on Luna's bed and said BIBLE. I caught her sitting in there the day before "reading" it. My children have a very strange connection to the bible. We have never spoke of the bible or religion to the girls. I gave them their bibles when we baptized them. When I was in the hospital with my brain tumor I swore when I got out of there that I would have them baptized right away. Luna began talking about the bible and pointing out verses to me a couple years ago. I a started to believe that because she spent the first few years of her life not being able to communicate with us that she learned to communicate in higher places. I believe that is what is happening with Sole now. At first I was scared but I realized that the verses that Luna would randomly ask me to read to her in the bible were verses that would give me encouragement and understanding. It is like God is talking to me through Luna and Sole. My girls are truly angels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just re-read this post for about the 4th time. Every time I do, I get chills. Amazing. Absolutely amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jen Rhoades