Saturday, January 23, 2010
Shopping
So, today I got my "get out of jail free" pass better known as a couple hours at the outlets solo. I was so excited that I didnt want to stop to get something to drink because it would take up minutes of my free time. I also strategically planned not to use the bathroom because that would require way too much time. I would wait until I got home to use the bathroom. It was hard trying to olympic shop while having to pee but it was worth it. As I am dashing to the outlets I get a call from my Mom. She wanted me to deliever money to my sister so she would not have to drive to her house. I could not believe that I was being DERAILED 10 minutes in the the big event. I told her that my sister could drive to the "STADIUM" better now as the outlets and get the money from me. Okay, with that being out of the way I dash to the Childrens Place. There I am in mid event and my sister comes into the store with all of her children. She followed me through the store TALIKING. Every good shopper knows that there is no room for conversation while shopping. So I finally go to the register with my finds and my sister and her kids. She follows me out to the parking lot where more TALKING took place. My sister is pretty lonely and she likes to TALK whenever she gets a chance BUT she does not have and off button. I found myself in reverse backing up and the mirror on my truck was a breath away from her head. I got so nervous that I folded the mirror in hoping that I could clear her head and back out while she was still talking. Now, on to Marshalls where the real joy would take place. I had every thing planned out and had thought my route thru the store ahead of time. I will shop then call in our lunch at Panera and then get home before the clock struck MIDNIGHT. (only kidding) It was actually before it stuck 1:30pm. There I was making it around as happy as any shopper could ever be in Marshalls and up to the check out in time to pick up the food and get home ahead of time. On the way out the door, I hit the handicap but to automatically open the door for me and it hit this women in the back. I told her I was sorry and she just stared at me. I told her that I did think it was going to open in that direction. She looks at me and says "Its fine, it just that I cant find my son". I immediatly reverted back to my "Stranger Danger" mode. I told her to go look for him and I would wait at the door to make sure he did not leave. She could not find him and I asked her if she wanted to call the police. She said no becasue she didnt want to think it had come to that yet. She told me that her friend was going to another store in the outlets and maybe he followed her there. I told her that I would got to that store and look for her friend that was not answering her cell phone. I ran to the store clear across to the other side of the outlets (that is consider working out for me and it gave me the right to get a big piece of coffee cake from Panera.) Anyway, I run into the store and find her friend and YES her son was with her friend. She had left her cellphone in her car. She was freaking out and asked the little boy if he had asked his mom before her decided to leave the store with her. He said NO he thought it would be okay. With that behind me, I get my food and head home. For me to have a shopping trip, I have to give money to the needy, listen to my sisters endless story about someone I dont even know and I have to find a missing child. The goodthing is nothing that happend stop my shopping or my eating and that is what makes a great day in the life of KELLI.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment