Saturday, January 23, 2010

The feeling of Normalcy

Tonight something things happened that I never thought would be apart of my parenting. Luna and Zen were running through the house laughing and playing and I heard myself tell them to quiet down. That might be normal for other parents but it is very new to this one. The next thing that happened was this: Luna MADE UP A GAME HERSELF and showed Zen how to play it and then I heard Zen count to 10 in English as clear as could be. I also had to tell Sole that she had been on the computer too long and needed to turn it off for a while. I still cannot believe that I finally was able to teach Sole how to use the mouse pad. When I put Sole to bed she jumped up and looked over the side of her bed and SAID "my baby". Two things here 1 she said "my baby" and 2 she actually cared about a doll. She had no interest in dolls up to this point, especially ones that sleep with her and the talking thing is such pure joy. I love to hear her voice. I have wondered what it would sound like and now that she has begun talking, it sounds alot like Luna's voice. Zen was able to sit and practice her lace up cards and finish them without crying. She does not like to fail or be behind anyone. She is full of perseverance. Everyday, she becomes more mine. I love her so much and she is such a beautiful child. I still cringe at the thought of not looking at the "special needs" list last February. If I had not looked that day and just deleted it off my email, I would not have Zen. They say, God will not give you more than you can handle and I believe that is why he gave me a perfect child. Trying to raise 2 Autistic children can be very difficult and if I had got a child that had severe orphanage issues, I probably could not had handled it. I feel bad when I read the stories from the other families with adopted children from Zen's orphanage and I feel so sad for them. The issues that came with Zen will be worked out over time and they are nothing compared to the other families experiences. I can only be thankful for my gifts and take care of them the best that I can. I want to make sure that they have precious memories of their childhood. Having a safe and happy childhood is the foundation to happiness in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment