Monday, October 19, 2009

Packing

Okay this is the worst part. I have a large suitcase that weighs about 150 pounds a carry on filled with clothes for every season for ZenXiao, a personal item that has every electronic invention known to mankind in it and 2 tubs full of stuff that is yet to be packed. We just found out that for the first 6 days we will be in moderate Fall weather and then the last 7 days we will be in a heatwave in Guangzhou. they say it is 92 degrees there now. When I say "they say" I mean the weather forecast for China. We have to handle our own luggage for the most part and we also have Weston's luggage, the 8 year old child that is traveling with us. Then on the way back we will have ZenXiao's stuff too. I was so ready with all off my new crispy Fall fashions and boots and now I have to pack for the heatwave also. This is not including the 500 pounds of paperwork that China wants me to bring with me. Of course, they will NEVER ask to see it, but they just want to know that they have made you miserable by carrying it with you. It is like some kind of sick game or something. It is a little scavenger hunt for documents that are not even relative to the adoption. Since I am traveling without Manuel, I have to bring proof that he exists. I am thinking they might need a lock of his hair too!

No comments:

Post a Comment