


Yes, today was haircut day for the girls. Now, to the average parent, it might be just another thing, but to me it is not, by any means, just another thing. First, find the sucker that will go with me. Second, drag them one by one screaming from the beautiful back yard of the girl that cuts their hair. Third, explain they do not wear capes. Fourth, threaten them while she cuts their hair. Now, while this is taking place "the sucker" Julie, tries to keep them alive in her backyard. The yard is not huge, but offers alot. The favorite is the little rock pond with the koi fish. She has about 10 Koi fish and they are about a foot long. She also has a huge frog that lives there. Sole is in heaven there. By the time that I returned to get the second child from the backyard, Sole was wearing a different dress and Luna was in a 2 toddler t-shirt with her underpants and crocs. This is how it went down (from Julies testimony) Sole became very excited about the frog and Julie became very frightened of the frog. Sole loves the fish so much that she took her underpants off (I think) and peed on them (the Koi Fish). The look on Julies face was that of a worn out "sucker". I take Sole inside and she sits up on the booster seat, puts one leg over one side of the chair and the other leg over the other side of the chair. Then she proceeded to lift her dress up and examine her private parts in the mirror. Evidently, she had got some dirt in there and decided that that was a good time and opportunity to clean it out. Thank god, Kathy (our hairdresser) thought it was funny.Julie on the other hand wasn't laughing at all. I think she was just thinking about getting the heck out of there and back to her own child, that is looking pretty darn good these days. Nothing can ever prepare you for a day with the Pavon girls, including the mother! Thank you Julie, you are brave.
For the record, I was not afraid of the frog. I was afraid of what might happen if Sole got a hold of the frog to give him a little squeezy love. Also, Luna was NOT wearing a 2T t-shirt. We decided it was a dress! After seeing Sole's costume change, Luna decided she too needed a dress to wear. Of course there was no dress to be found in the back of the truck, so we decided that the shirt was in fact a dress. Luna said, "I can't wear this anymore, I need a dress." (all in a very cute British accent) So who was I to deny her a dress. Poof! The shirt became a dress. Please refrain from describing it as anything but a dress from now on! Also wanted to mention that I am not a sucker, as I always know it will be an adventure with the Pavon girly girls! I love all of my time with them!!! (J/AM)
ReplyDeleteFor the record, you WERE agraid of the frog, I know because you kept making sizes with your hand to show my how gigantic it was. I recall you using the words "I was scared". You said there were 2 frogs, one was ceramic and the other was real. Just admit your fears. Luna does have a british accent by the way unlike Sole who has Spanish accent. Where did these kids come from? Im not watching them for you anymore!
ReplyDelete