Thursday, December 31, 2009
Farewell 2009
I have to say that this has been an incredible year. Not an easy one, but so amazingly rewarding. Not only did we bring Zen home from China, start building our new house, made and incredible friend (Julie) but I have also watched my Luna and Sole blossom like the flowers that they are. Sole is on her way to finding her voice and hopefully in 2010 we will hear it. Luna's Autism is hardly even noticeable anymore as she blends in with other children and loves to talk to everyone. We even have arguments and I am so thankful that no matter what she is saying to me, she is SAYING IT TO ME! I have found out that I am capable of taking my children to Walmart on my own, but it is not that I would ever wish that on myself (or anyone else) but I did it. (today) I also had something very special happen today, I missed Zen. When I made my second trip back to Walmart, I left the girls with my mom at my house. I was gone about an hour or so and when I was driving home, I had a feeling come over me and I realized that I couldn't wait to get home to see ZenXiao. It is not easy to miss someone when they have attached themselves to you like a tick for almost 2 months. I have also come to realize that there is more than one reason that she has attached herself to me like a tick. Not only does she watch everything I do and absorb all of the details, she also listens to every word I say, even if it isn't to her. Tonight, I heard her singing in the bathtub and I imagined it was a song she had learned in China, but I kept hearing the word baby over and over. I stopped outside of the bathroom door to listen to her and I realized she was sing a song that I MADE UP. It's a song that I sing to Sole when I carry her to bed at night. I could not believe it, she was singing it almost perfect. (which is good because I vary the words from night to night.) I look at my girls and a cant help but wonder, why I have been so blessed. I cant imagine how it came to be that I would be their mother. I am so thankful and so grateful. I am also thankful and grateful for McDonalds feeding my children 1 meal a day at least 5 times a week, Thanks Ronald.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment