Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Funny, Not So Funny Day

Once again, I have managed to get into yet another situation. A week ago Friday, I gave Zen A ring. It was a $1.oo ring that Luna picked out. That was the beginning of "The Ring From Hell". Zen could not keep it on her finger, she had to keep taking it off to admire it and then forgetting to put it back on. She dropped at least 150 times that day. The last time she dropped it, Teko (the dog) got it. He started running and I started running too. I told Zen and Luna to help me catch him and they just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. I heard him dropped and slid in like a professional baseball player to get it. The only problem was my foot turned sideways as I was sliding in to get the ring. It hurt, but I fall down a lot. Lets just say, I am not very graceful. I know that is hard to believe. We were getting ready to go to Rehoboth at the time, so off we went. When we got to the first place, it felt sore. When we got to the second place it felt a little worse. We went to eat at friendly and when I got up, I could not walk at all. When I stepped down, it felt like I was stepping on razor blades. I could not walk. I even tried to convince myself I could walk, but it was not happening. A man practically carried me to the car, thank God for his wife because she made him do it. He was too busy telling me that I had my hands full. I hear that everyday, no matter where I go or what I am doing. I called my Mom and then Manuel. My Mom was 45 minutes away and could not help me at that moment. Manuel told me to call when I got home. I knew that I needed to go to the hospital, but I had to take the girls home first. When we got home, I could not get to the door. I tried to lean on Luna and Zen but that was not going to get me there. Sole ofcourse, started undressing herself on the front porch and it was so cold outside. I ended up crawling up the stairs to the door. I told Luna to call Manuel for me with my cell phone. The bartender at the restaurant answered the phone and Luna said " my mommy foot hurts, BYE. So, I asked Zen to call back. Once again,the bartender answered the phone and Zen said "Mommy's foot hurrr, she hurr foot, she hurrrrr, she hurrr, she not walk, it hurr, bye. I managed to drag myself in the front door. I could not get any farther. I'm sitting there on the on the floor and Luna shows up with a jump rope. She proceeds to wrap it my not hurt foot, I could hardly even ask what the heck she was doing. She said she was going to pull me into the house with the jump rope. Then Zen says, "mommy do you want so water?" She brings me a water but sets it like 3 feet from me and Teko walks away. Teko comes by and sees it and starts to drink it. I called Zen to ask her to get me another water and she proceeds to refill the same glass the dog drank out of. I was like, can I please get a clean glass of water. Then, Luna shows up with a paper plate with a blueberry muffin on it, she thought I might like a snack. Meanwhile teko walks by and spills the glass of water and it starts to run under me. So now, I am not only stuck in the doorway, I am wet. Manuel finally gets there and I tell him I need to use the bathroom, so he carries me to the bathroom and leaves. When I was finished he said "so, do you want me to stay here with the girls or what?" I could not walk but if he got me to the car, I could drive myself to the hospital. He turns around and says, here, jump on my back." I could not even floss my teeth, it would have been so painful to even move. I tell him that I cannot jump, so he picks me up and says "how much do you weigh now?" Ok, so now I am crippled, wet, fat and pissed off. Manuel drives us all to the hospital and they give him a wheel chair covered in blood for me to use. Now, I am crippled, wet, fat, pissed off and grossed out. Luna and sole both jump up on my lap so they can ride in the wheel chair. It turn out that I sprained the shaft of my foot. No broken bone, yeah. They wrapped it in an ace bandage and gave me crutches. They nurse said try to touch my toes down day in about 3 days and try to walk in a week. Okay, NOT HAPPENING! That night I hear Luna calling me and I got up and ran to her. Yeah, I got up and RAN. The next day, I was fine. That had be the most expensive sprang ever.
My mom said, I must have willed myself to be better because of the girls. I do believe that. All I could do was picture myself helpless a not being able to take care of the girls. Which is not an option. So, I have some crutches for sale if you need them. ;0 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment