Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 1 (Williamsburg Vacation)

This is going to seem like a lie, but I can assure you, it is the truth. We had a great trip here, the time went by really fast and we got here just in time to check in. This is where the trouble begins. After getting to the room, Sole had to use the bathroom. Luna, Zen and I stepped out the sliding door to walk Teko on the grass. I had him on a leash and I was looking at a parking spot right in front of our door. I put Teko inside and closed the glass door. Meanwhile, Sole comes out of the bathroom opens the glass door and lets Teko out. Ok, this is where it gets a little blurry. Teko shot out of the door 100 miles an hour and ran into a parking lot that had 500 cars in it and 200 people looking for parking spaces. Luna, Sole and Zen were standing outside of the glass door and I took off after Teko. I could not even see him after 30 seconds. My heart started racing as I looked back at the girls standing in the grass (Sole in underpants, of course) I started to panic. I knew that the odds of Teko not getting hit were slim to none. I became so consumed with grief at the thought of picking him off the road dead, I started to feel like I was stuck inside of a huge marshmallow and the last thing I remember was hitting the pavement. I completely blacked out and fell to the pavement. I remember hitting it and felt the pain, but then everything went black. A man helped me up and I could hear a woman screaming, tell her I caught her dog. I was like oh shit, my hands and knees hurt. I looked over and saw the girls standing there and instantly felt relief come over me. I am lucky that for once my girls stayed where they we supposed to. Teko was fine and I was in so much pain. I had blood all over my face, hands, knees and elbows. I could not believe what had just happened. I started crying with relief that everyone was ok. With that, we decide to go to IHOP to eat dinner and then to Walmart to buy alarms for the doors in the hotel room. After we got back to the Great Wolf Lodge, we made the long walk to our room down the hallway. When I tried to open the door the top lock was on and I remembered that we had gone out the sliding doors to the parking lot and left the hotel door locked. I could barely carry Tekos cage another step. I had wrapped sole in my shawl because she peed herself at Walmart. So she was naked as usual. I counted the rooms as we walked by to go back outside to try to get in through our sliding glass door. I counted 11. 11 was the lucky number. I would just go back outside walk 11 doors down and find our room. When we got outside, it started pouring down rain. Yeah, rain. I was herding the girls through the grass and mulch when I turned around to see Sole with my shawl completely open doing her voodoo dance with her eyes closed at head up to the sky. I was counting and Luna decided to chime in with random numbers and when we got to the 11th door or what I thoughtwas the 11th door, I slid it open and there was our bed with 2 strangers in it screaming in fear of a hotel room invasion. They threw their laptop up in the air and I was like, OH MY GOD, I'M SO SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS MY ROOM. At that point, I was too scared to open another door or even get close, so I decided to crawl on the ground looking under the curtains to see if I could recognize our room. So, I'm crawling in the pouring rain, looking under peoples curtains, dragging Tekos cage, Sole is now naked, in the grass, swaying back and forth. Luna and Zen are acting like nothing is abnormal about me crawling on the ground in the pouring rain. Luna starts to recite Goldy Locks and the 3 bears and on that note I could see my suitcase under the curtains of one of the rooms. I opened the doo and we all went inside like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I have learned, not to dwell on mishaps anymore, especially when no one is there to witness it.

No comments:

Post a Comment