While most children are so excited to see Santa, sit on his lap and ask for the gifts they are hoping to get for Christmas, mine children could careless. When Luna saw Santa she was actually excited about it...for about 30 seconds. When he asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she said a doll. That would be fine if it were true, but it was just another rehearsed thing she saw on a video. Luna does not and never has played with dolls. Sole on the other hand decided to make advances at Santa and she succeeded. She sat on his lap and proceed to try to make out with him. Santa wasn't feelin it though. He must have been intimidated. The elf that was with Santa, took his job way to serious and tried to step in. He needs to stick to telling children to form a line. I mean, that right there is enough for him. I don't think that he understood that "form a line" means absolutely NOTHING to my children. All they hear is, the line starts after them. It all came to an ugly head when Sole ran into another families photo and straddled Santa and tried to kiss him. The "form a line elf" decided to try to handle it himself but quickly found out that you can say it 100 times and Sole will not hear you, see you, or take anything that is coming out of your mouth about as serious as BLA BLA BLA. She accomplished her mission to make out with Santa and let me tell you something Santa, the line to kiss Sole is alot longer than the one that the "line elf" has arranged for you. You should feel honored. Anyway, If you want Zen to crap her pants, take her to Santa. That is why she is not in any of the photos with Santa. To Zen, the "jolly old soul" resembled whatever she thinks Satan would look like. She screamed, she ran and of course she fell, because that is what she does, she falls. She falls out of the bed, she falls out of the car, she falls up the stairs, down the stairs, off the bar stool, the couch, the toilet, the curb, the swing, the slide and anything else she comes across.
Now this would be sad if it was to do with some physical ailment, but its not. It is strictly because she is the nosiest human being ever to live on this earth. She is so worried about what someone else is doing, eating, playing with, holding, looking at, saying, writing, reading and did I mention eating? It is not possible for her to safely get down from, walk around, eat, drink without spilling, carry without dropping or any other personal task that comes her way. It takes Zen, 10 minutes to get out of the car, but it takes my 85 year old mother 5 minutes. It takes her 20 minutes to get undressed to take a bath, 10 minutes to get her coat on, 20 minutes to brush her teeth, one hour to completely finish her food, 2 days to wash her hands , 6 weeks to brush her hair, 3 months to put her clothes on with the tag in the back, 2 years to put her legs through the correct hole in her underware, and what feels like a lifetime to get out of the front door and into the car where she is faced by yet another delay and possibly the greatest of all, BUCKLING HERSElF IN THE CARSEAT! Again, if this was caused by a physical or mental delay would be acceptable but it is caused only by her need to see what everyone else is doing, looking at, the FF's on the floor from the day before, whatever Luna has in her hand, whatever Sole has in her mouth (which is very predictable, it is a plastic clip that belongs in her hair, but has decided that is much more fun to eat) whatever was left in the car by each person from the day before and looking a anything that could possibly be eaten that is on the floor of the car. The main word that I use all day is FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS! I am aging here, all of these delays are causing me to age. I cant wait this long for everything. I could have written a novel in the time that I have spent waiting in the past year. I don't know if she will ever be able to focus on what she is doing, my mother is 85 years old and she has the same "delay disease" that Zen has. I am looking at a life sentence with her and Zen just to go to the outlets in Rehoboth. I have to get my hair done while I am there because my roots are growing in as I wait. Wait, Wait and more waiting. the biggest problem is my own. I believe in getting things done, quickly. I cannot tolerate lolly gagging around when things need to be done. Did I mention the potty? Yeah, add another 45 minutes on just to get on tho the toilet and 2 years to successfully wipe. I know that God is challenging me. Its a sick little game that he has made up to make me CRAZY and give me high blood pressure. When I get totally frustrated from waiting, I just thank God for allowing me to still be here, for whatever it's worth and giving me the opputunity to see if I can be driven insane by a 6 year old and her grandmother.
svwgy2thy6te
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment