Friday, June 18, 2010

Sussex County Court House (The Comedy)

Today, I spent my day at the Sussex Co. Courthouse. I was there for a young family member. Of course, he was the last one to be brought into the court after 5 hours of waiting. That was okay, because I found myself amused. (keep in mind that I don't get out much). It was a comedy show. There were baseball bats, bi polarness, tears, guitars, there were lawyers whose expiration dates were long since expired. At one moment, an older gentlemen lawyer actually looked over his shoulders at the prisoners that had been brought in from the Department of Corrections for their hearing,and he said ("Who are these people?) There was a 10 minute recess so he could organize his paper work and then back in to the show. I loved when one of the criminals said "I was not there, you can ask anyone in the audience" and pointed behind him towards us. Somehow, all of us waiting in the courtroom, had become an audience. Believe me there was no laugh machine needed for the audience because I almost peed myself laughing. I was trying to think of sad things so I would appear crying not laughing. I tried to think of everything I could, but it just made it worse. I thought that courtrooms were supposed to be silent and in order. This had everything except dancing. It just scares me to think these are the people who are supposed to protect us. Regardless, my nephew is free and hopefully has learned that jail exists and if you break the law you will reside there. I thought to myself...hmmmm...jail....3 meals, sleep, maybe an occasional card game.....I could do it. If they really want to punish criminals they should sentence them to a day in my house. Let me tell you something, if I throw my mother into the mix, they will be wishing they were in front of a firing squad! The world would be a safer place and maybe I would get some recognition for being the mother of 3 maniatic children, 4 cats, a bunny/horse and a Parrot named Sid Vicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment