Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Have Been Shut Out!

Ever since the day we decided to adopt ZenXiao, actually even before that exact day, I have been in contact with the orphanage. They have been so good to me. We write back and forth a couple times a week and they give me updates on how she is doing in kindergarten ect. I also send her care packages every couple weeks with clothes, toys, shoes, coloring books and crayons,lollipops and all kinds of things for ZX and her friends. I'm sure she had come to know the packages will arrive for her every so often. Not anymore. The new Hague law has been implemented and they have cut of all contact between adoptive parents and orphanages and caretakers. There cannot be any packages mailed to the orphanages unless they are sent through a specific organization. (They send generic care packages) for tons of money. I could not sleep last night. When I went to sent my email and it was returned to me 4 times I realized what was happening. I had just read about the Hague law taking effect. Somehow, I didn't imagine it would have anything to do with ZenXiao and our family. guess what, it did. I feel like she has been taken from me. NO MORE CONTACT, NO MORE UPDATES, NO MORE SECURITY. I will not hear anything until I travel to pick her up. I feel very sad and separated, it is very hard to explain. I can only hope the time move quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment