Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day Well Spent!

When you live at the beach, Earth Day seems to have so much more meaning. It is such a great feeling to know that society has moved far enough along, to dedicate a day to Mother Earth. When I see my children running and playing on the beach, I know that I am exactly where God intended me to be. I am so thankful that we have became so conscious at making efforts to preserve this earth for our future generations. So many little things that you can do to help. My girls are growing up understanding recycling and why we do it. They love to put things in the recycle bin at the house and I totally love the curbside service we get. Things change so fast. I remember when I was in high school, kids used to roll down their car windows and throw trash out of the car. I could never grasp that. People would empty their ashtrays in their cars at stop lights right onto the road. Now, seeing someone litter is so offensive. Kids today are making an effort. I hope that my girls are able to grow up healthy and happy. Living near chicken plants is a little scary though. They say, the environmental cancer rate on the Eastern Shore of Maryland is one of the highest. Not to mention every single person suffers from allergies as soon as they move here. Again "Chicken Plants". Don't let me forget to mention the lovely smell that goes along with those "chicken houses". You know what, 4 miles off the beach and I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment